Neem Oil - Multi Health Benefit
It has been used for the topical treatment of rheumatism, eczema, ringworm, athlete's foot, cold sores, psoriasis, rosacea, warts, chronic syphilitic sores, infected burn wounds and slow-healing skin ulcers as well as controlling various skin infections.
Neem Oil Uses
Cuts, wounds, minor skin disorders and mosquito and insect repellant
- Mix with Vaseline or a carrier oil in a ratio of 1:5 and apply to affected area.
- Add 15 ml to warm water and soak the feet in this preparation.
- Mix 50/50 with a carrier oil and massage into the hair and scalp. Leave on for 1 hour and shampoo. Repeat once weekly for 3 weeks or as long as the problem persists.
Stop mosquitoes breeding
- Spray or pour oil on all breeding areas. The oil can be emulsified (to mix with water) by adding normal dish washing liquid to it.
- Add 30 ml to 1 liter of water and add 1 ml of dishwashing liquid. Mix well and spray immediately for plant protection. Do not store the mixture; make fresh formulation for each spray. Spray the mixture on top of all the leaves and on the undersides where insects often hide – you can also spray it around the roots.
Lamp oil to ward off mosquitoes
- Add 5 – 10% oil to any lamp oil and burn lamp normally.
Dandruff and itchy scalp
- Add a few drops to your regular shampoo.
Ticks and fleas on animals
- Add a few drops to your normal pet shampoo (ratio should be 30 ml (1 oz.) to 240 ml (8 oz.) shampoo). (Personally we have found that plain baby shampoo works the best.
- Apply 1 drop of undiluted oil directly on warts once per day. Watch carefully for any possible irritation, and should that occur discontinue use. Continue for 2-3 weeks.
- Psoriasis, cold sores, eczema, athletes foot, skin ulcers and other fungal skin conditions
Pet and livestock spray for ticks, fleas, mange mites and other pests
- Mix 1 ounce (30 ml) oil with 1 gallon (3.8 liter) water and add a few drops of dishwashing liquid (to emulsify the oil). Place mixture into a spray bottle or other type of sprayer, and spray animals once every two weeks. (This mixture can be used on indoor and outdoor plants as well as flowers and vegetables.)
Cleaning the house
- Add to carpet shampoos and spray mattresses to kill dust mites.
- Add a couple of drops to liquid hand soap for antibacterial properties.
FOR ALL THE ABOVE
- As Neem oil has a rather strong smell you might want to add a few drops of your essential oil to any mixture to mask the smell. Lavender or lemongrass essential oils work well – but you could add your personal favorite.